When opening a nail salon or remodeling the one you already have, there are a lot of things you need to worry about. With a new salon, you may have to hire new nail technicians and set a budget for what to buy for your nail salon. For someone who needs to remodel a salon, even though you don't have to worry about the employee, you will still need to pay attention to the remaining 2 factors mentioned above. With this article, we will let you know what to include in your nail salon remodeling checklist!
Read more: How to remodel your salon while on a budget.
List of must-have furniture in a nail salon remodeling checklist
The most important pieces of furniture in your nail salon are probably the pedicure chair and manicure table. Having the right furniture and matching the needs and traffic of the salon is important, just as a good manicurist must have a favorite set of specialized tools. Not to mention, you also have to impress customers in terms of appearance!
Here are some pretty nail salon decor ideas that you can refer to:
Now that you've figured out your future nail salon layout, start looking at what you can put into the space without making the whole thing seem too crowded or too empty.
Here are a few things that you may need to consider putting on your nail salon remodeling checklist (depending on the size of your salon):
- A reception desk
- Bar at the reception
- Manicure table
- pedicure chair
- Chandeliers/ Lighting system
- Manicure and pedicure tool trolleys
- Nail polish racks
- Retail display shelves
In addition to nail salon furniture, remember to order electrical equipment to make the work of each nail technician at your salon as easy and smooth as possible:
- Nail drill (should have enough nail drills for each manicure/pedicure station)
- Nail drill
- A sterilizer box (e.g. UV) for nail tools
- Led light
- Electric nail file
- UV lamp to cure nail polish
Nail salon remodeling checklist: Nail tools and supplies
Manicure tools are often expensive items, so be sure to have a list of what you need and avoid over-ordering if possible.
These nail tools can be for natural nails, artificial nails, acrylic nails, or hard gel nails...
Natural nail care can't be easier than applying acrylic nails or gel nail polish. Add to the list of nail supplies to buy manicure and pedicure supplies that are non-toxic, formaldehyde-free, and won't damage your salon's furniture. This will satisfy the most demanding customers who care about environmental protection.
Your ideal nail salon remodeling checklist for nail tools and supplies may include:
- File nails/feet
- Nail polish types include both regular and clear types.
- Acrylic nail tools, including acrylic nails in various sizes and nail glue
- Nail clipper
- High-quality acrylic powder
- Gel nail polish
- Nail tips (various shapes available)
- Dipping powders of all kinds (with different shades and textures)
- Artificial nail extensions
- Bowls for doing manicures (equal to the number of nails stations you have)
- Nail art tools, including jewelry and nail stickers
- Some beautiful nail designs
- Cuticle pusher
- Cuticle pliers
- Nail care oil
- Nail polish remover (non-acetone or with acetone)
- Split toe pads
- Gel brush
- Disinfectants and PPE
Types of equipment for operating and managing nail salons
These items will help you or your general manager to run things in the shop better. You can manage booking, monitor and plan the working schedule of the nail technician, order for the nail salon, and monitor the business activities of the salon, ...
- Here are a few things that you need:
- Laptop or PC
- A telephone/smartphone for receiving calls from clients
- A POS system for nail salon
- Cash register machine
Creating a nail salon remodeling checklist to ensure a smooth opening day can be a daunting task, but it's also something everyone has to go through at least once when running a nail business. If you found this article useful, please share it with your friends!